ingredients for 17 cupcakes
- 250gr all purpose flour, sifted
- 200gr sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 160gr butter in room temperature
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 230gr coconut milk
- 150gr fresh blueberries
ingredients for buttercream
- 200gr butter in room temperature
- 340gr powdered sugar, sifted
- 4 Tbsp coconut milk
- fresh blueberries
- 2-3 Tbsp shredded coconut toasted
Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
Melt butter and set aside to cool.
Preheat oven to 180C.
In a bowl add sifted flour, sugar, baking soda and baking powder. Pour in melted butter, egg whites, vanilla extract, coconut milk and whisk until combined. Add blueberries and stir gently with a spoon.
Divide batter in the paper liners and bake for 20 minutes at 180C. Let the cupcakes cool for 2-3 minutes in the pan and then transfer them on a wire rack to cool completely.
for the buttercream
In a bowl add butter, cut into small pieces and sifted powdered sugar. Beat with the whisk until the mixture is fluffy and creamy. Add coconut milk and continue beating until incomporated. Using a piping bag, top cupakes with buttercream frosting. Decorate with blueberries and sprinkle with toasted coconut.
* if you have a bigger muffin pan, you will make 12 cupcakes.
* the total amount of coconut milk that you need is one can (400ml).