- 1200 gr boneless beef chuck cut in small chunks
- 1 onion chopped
- 500gr baby potatoes
- 1 celery root cut into pieces
- 1 eggplant cut into pieces
- 1-2 carrots in slices
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 700ml homemade chicken stock
- 4-5 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 fresh onion
In a large pot heat olive oil and brown beef chunks on all sides. Add onion and cook until soften. Transfer beef in a plate.
Add potatoes in the same pot. Cover with the beef chunks and onion. Then add celery root, eggplant, carrots and bell pepper. You don't need to stir.
Add stock, tomato paste, thyme, salt and pepper.
Cover and cook for 1-1 1/2 hours.
The vegetables will release their liquids while cooking but in case it needs water add some more stock.
Garnish with chopped fresh onion.