1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup poppy seeds
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
a pinch of salt
1 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbs lemon-lime zest
2 Tbs lemon-lime juice
2 egg whites
2/3 cup agave syrup
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Grease and flour a cake form.
3. In a bowl, stir the flours, poppy seeds, baking powder, soda and salt.
4. In another bowl, mix the buttermilk with oil, vanilla, zest and juices.
5. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, egg whites and syrup.
6. Combine all the mixtures together and stir well.
7. Pour the batter into the form and bake for 35-40 minutes.
Lemon curd from ''The unofficial Downton Abbey Cookbook''
3/4 cup lime-lemon juice
2 tsp lime-lemon zest
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, cubed
1. Heat juice and zest in a saucepan until hot but not boiling.
2. Whisk eggs with sugar.
3. Slowly add a little of the heated juice to eggs, stirring constantly.
4. Pour the egg mixture back to the saucepan with the rest of the juice and cook curd over medium heat until thick.
5. Add butter a cube at a time, stirring to help melt.
6. Pour the lime curd in two small jares and chill covered.